Feb 3 2011
- Useful: Make the app useful to the user.
- Fast: make sure you create fast loading elemintz (elements) and if you can’t then add something in between load times to make it seem faster.
- Modern and Sleek: make sure to update graphics and other pieces in order to keep the user engaged and coming back.
- Surprise/ Over-deliver: Keep your users updated when changes are made or new things are added to the app.
- Easy to Use: Make it as simple to use as possible make sure they don’t have to learn new things or change the common ways of using an app to much.
- Notifications: Be sure to notify the users when there is an update or remind them when they haven’t played the app in a while that they should revisit it.
- Fun: the more fun a web app is the more engaged the user becomes and the more often they will revisit the app.
- Great service/ experience: This is important if you want the user to pay for the app. listen and respond to the users.
- Listen to and constantly update: If you place an area where users can give feedback on the app that will help with updates to the app and keep them coming back.
- Monetize your app: Most apps are free but if you chose to have the user pay for the app so that you can keep maintaining it, then you can add advertising, SMS, marketing intelligence, affiliates and much more (go read the full article).
These are all wonderful in helping the direction of a Successful Web app check out the article from Website Magazine.
Great advice for anyone looking at building or maintaining an app.